Chemical composition: Basic chromium sulfate
• CHROMOSAL® BF is a powdered basic chrome sulphate which is readily soluble, even in cold water. It contains no additional basification agent.
• CHROMOSAL® BF is organically masked, the product has a high buffering capacity. This helps to even out the pH values during production.
• CHROMOSAL® BF is suitable for tanning of all types of leather.
• CHROMOSAL® BF is generally added to the pickle float undissolved.
• CHROMOSAL® BF is a high quality chrome tanning salt, and used in tanning and retanning for all kinds of leather, tanning dosage of 6-8% and retanning dosage depends on wet blue and article of finished leather.
• Basification agents such as soda ash or sodium bicarbonate should be dissolved as usual and added in portions within 60–90 minutes. In the case of unsplit material it is recommendable to start the basification after the tanning material has penetrated the entire cross section of the pelt.
• CHROMOSAL® BF fixes well, which means that in many cases it is possible to use less chrome in the tanning process than required
with conventional 33% basic chrome tanning materials.